3.31.2009

journal week 4

I went to Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras. I had heard about this parade long before I came to Sydney.Therefore, my friends and I decided to have a look.
The parade really deserved its reputation. Every body is dressed up, beautiful costumes, wonderful preferment’s! Some of then even travel half the world just to attend this celebration to support them.

Before I went to see the parade , I did not know about different attitude of homosexual in different countries. I thought, USA must be more lenient in this , but the truth is not. Today, I read a report on line. It said the United States has refused to sign a declaration presented 18 Dec 2008 at the United Nations calling for worldwide decriminalization of homosexuality. And only 66 countries out of 192 U.N.’s members has signed this agreement. Up to 77 countries outlaw homosexuality. In some nations homosexuals can be punished by execution. Fortunately all 27 European Union members has signed this declaration.
People say:Australia is a country of freedom! Sure it is.

In China people from different generations have different opinions. The vast majority of young people do not discriminate homosexual and some of them actually hope to have a friend who like the same sex. I have some friends who are gay and lesbian too. I do not feel they are different , except that they are all very good people, even better than some normal ones.

But the middle ages might have different attitude. They teach their children not to be friends with these unusually kids. They thought the homo people are all not good people. That is really unfair! If they can get some more caring from the community they will prove they could also be extraordinary people.

I am a buddhist, when our master told us about metempsychosis he said why some people find they like same sex. This person might have been another gender in their former life. When they come to the world again their spirit still have some memory about former life’s gender, so they become a homosexual this life. When they fell in love with someone this person might be his or her partner last life.

I will just support them as usual. They also have the right to find their happily ever after.

No comments:

Post a Comment